View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #13
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
It seems an attempt to start something out of nothing because you've failed to take my question into context just like you failed to relate how your own comments are basically the same.
Well I failed to take your question into context because.. well it was just, you know.. LOL not a 'smart' question. (how's that for tact?)

Quote:
Virtually anything I could have said was/is taken out of context. I guessed Piemaker would see an attack on her intelligence, you saw it as an attempt to start an argument...a form of attack. It doesn't matter what I say or what the topic is, you disagree with my delivery and therefore mislabel it as an attack....comprendé?
Ask Piemaker, or anyone else on this message board, if what Joe said was an "attack" on Piemakers' intelligence. I believe even Piemaker deemed it a joke. look at the rest of my posts in this thread, I have labeled NOTHING as an attack. Other than that, why someone else would label SOMETHING else you said as an attack, I certainly don't have that answer. However, I woul say in general, that there are those on this board, who when they tend to disagree with someone, that can't merely disagree, they must insult as well.. which could then be seen as an attack. When Joe disagrees with someone, or makes a comment, it may be dry, it may be satiric. Some people find both those ideas rude. I don't, I usually find them funny. but that's just me.

Quote:
And you've yet to clarify what makes it ok to make fun of a person's stupidity but unacceptable about calling them stupid. Don't tell me you appreciate a dry sense of humor, I can see that.
Your argument is that what Joe said was an insult of her intelligence. and I don't accept that premise, and neither does Pie.

But to answer your question..
Well I guess it has everything to do with tact, and delivery. Call someone "stupid".. well that's just lame.. or you could say "The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em." and I would find that clever, and a bit more tactful, and less hateful.. but again, that's not even close to what happened here.

So again, I'll reiterate, that I think you are fishing for something that's not here. If you still want to discuss, why something you say is considered an attack when if someone else were to say the same thing. I suppose you have to take into consideration the delivery, the perceived history, and whether or not you included a smiley, when you were calling someone an @#$@#$@#
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote