View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #37
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela
Oh you rich city kids....
We called it a good day when we found a surveyors wooden triangle to nail to an old broomstick.....that was a keeper toy.
Otherwise we would just find a good stick in the woods. It would be a horse, a shotgun, an airplane etc.
No wonder kids today have no imagination.
We also caught insects, mostly beatles, and frogs to play with.
I'll agree the kids today don't have a clue how to be imaginitive without using technology.
I do confess I had the best of both worlds...lots of fun toys, but I also loved playing outside til dark chasing lightening bugs, building pinestraw houses, baking mud pies, playing kick the can and catching crawfish in the creek. We were encouraged to play outdoors!
What did you do with the triangle and broomstick?

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote