View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #15
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Thank goodness we never had to resort to belts, but we also have daughters.
I must admit that I (Good cop) would give a pop on the leg or booty which probably wasn't too affective, but Daddy (Bad cop) would dole out the real deals! There really weren't that many overall because they knew he meant business.
How do y'all feel about corporal punishment in schools? Last I heard many La. schools still could administer spankings by the principal.
Well I never had to use a belt but a couple times on the butt. I am not one for alot of whippings. Usually my two knew how far to push me and they usually stop before it got to that point. I did use some mind games though. I know my son one day when he was 2 got a new pair of boots for Christmas. We were going to town and he was standing next to me on the seat[ before seatbelts were law, 25 years ago]. His sister, then 3 was siting on the other side of him. He kicked her under the chin with the toe of them boots. I heard her teeth rattle. I did not spank him, instead I stopped took his boots off and threw them in the middle of the road and drove off. I told him he would not get another pair until he learned to not kick. As far as corporal in schools, NO. I have seen too many reachers that for some reason get something against a certain child and they whip them for any excuse. No, I always told the school they were not allowed to whip either of my kids. If they did something that deserved a whipping to call me, I would go and do the whipping myself if I saw fit.