View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #13
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl
I have a wooden paddle and a wooden spoon, they both are quite effective. Both of my boys, 3 & 5, know what they feel like. Now just the threat of these is enough to alter bad behavior. I refuse to put up with my kids acting up in a store. They are under the impression that every store we go into has a "Whipping Room" and we will slide that way if they start whining. It works everytime.
I agree, it has gone too far when strangers try to tell a parent they can't disciplne their child. There's an old saying [ I brought you in this world, I'll take you out.] But good parents don't mean the last part, it's a threat. There is a big difference between a spanking and a beating. But if you don't let your child know boundaries then you are screwed because they will walk all over you. When my two kids use to fight, Iwould take them to a store and make them hold hands the whole time. I would have a belt around my neck, IO would tell them you drop hands and I will nail you in front of everyone. And I would have too.