View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You know I train Border Collies and like kids once you light them up one good time they know you can do it anytime and the bluff is in for a very long time.
With dogs it is for life with kids well until they get big enough to kick daddy's butt. Then you must teach them the golden rule. "The man with the gold rules" and you go from corporal punishment to mind games and they are still new at it. Just take cars, cell phones and I have three girls and every now and then a good old George Patton talk right in their pretty little faces. I must say I did not have to spank more than a dozen times with all three girls.
There was a time I had a issue with one my dogs stealing some meat off the grille and the girls got to see daddy kick some dog ass. They were all crying and mama too. Dog still does not like it when I light the pit and he is ten years old and at the time just a year old. Now granted he is a Border Collie and not a mutt. Made a deep impression on my girls Still the most talked about story at our house.
I agree Isaac, all you have to do is let them know you can and will do it. You don't have to spank all the time. As long as they know you will and what it feels like they usually try not to go that far. that is the reason both my kids can count on their fingers the spanking they had, not many but they remember what they got. The mind games work good to. One day when my kids where younger , we were in town. They were acting up and wouldn't listen, so I pulled into the newspaper office. I handed both of them some money and told them to go in and talk to the lady behind the desk. I told them to tell her they needed to run an ad in the paper. When my kids ask for what, I told them for a new mother because I just quit the JOB! I told them since they didn't want to listen to me, find someone else. They both cried and straighten up quickly, because they thought I was serious.