View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
The classes meet once a week for maybe a month. There are classes during the day or the evening. The purse cake is easy actually. It looks much, much more difficult than reality. The letters I "painted" on with vodka (!) and coloring. The accents such as the handle were made with fondant which is like playing with clay.

I have a lot of fun doing the cakes. I only do them for family or friends and would love to do more of them. Today I am going to be baking individual cakes for my husband's staff. They were all drooling over the zebra cake so I am surprising them tomorrow!
I have enjoyed watching those baking shows and contests on the Food Network and that fondant does look to make things simpler...but I'm sure not easy by any means. What is the name of the place you took the lessons?
Your husband's staff will be very happy tomorrow!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote