View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 11:43 PM   #41
decolady

Rep Power: 0 decolady will become famous soon enough decolady will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Mrs Hertz and I were talking about old restaurants that are no longer in business here in Shreveport Bossier. These come to mind...
[snip]
And how about Fertitta's and Monseur's?? Or Abes?? that's going wayyyy back
Good evening friends. My first post on this forum. I haven't lived in NW Louisiana in many years. My grandmother lived south of you in Grand Cane and would always take me to eat at Abe's when I would visit her. Sorry to hear that it is no longer. Anyone know what happened to it?

Also remember:
Sansones (S'port Barksdale Hwy), Pizza Inn (Kings and Youree), Shaky's Pizza (Shreve City), and the Alphies Fish and Chips (Pierremont).

Wasn't Weismans the place that always had the huge pot of soup where you served yourself? Seems to me I remember going there when I was in college. The Big Chain Cafeteria in Shreve City was another favourite place to go with my grandmother - for dessert. They always had Butter Roll, which she said was just like her grandmother used to make it. Didn't Shreve City also used to have a Woolworth's with a lunch counter? I remember eating fried shrimp there.

Is Strawn's Eat Shop still across from Centenary with their fresh strawberry and peach pies in season?
decolady is offline   Reply With Quote