View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #55
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
That is one funky dog that makes funny sounds thru its nose. I have never been around them enough to know how they are for a pet. I am sure you love your snot baby like we all love our dogs and cats. I got to tell you that crazy Kuvaz that Texasbelle has is a mean mother. Kind of like a Ridgeback they do not jack around when it comes to protecting the master one bit. I hope she can get a handle on that dog it is a very strong willed dog with a very big bite. Nothing personal Tbelle but I have read up on this breed and they are tuff puppies. Border Collies ranked number one in IQ and the shepherds companion are very gentile and have energy to burn. If I lived in the country I would want a dog like Rosie but not for a walk in a park.
Isaac

Yes it is a difficult dog to walk in the park, but very necessary in order to "socialize" the Kuvasz Rosie. She has to learn to be in social situations and not react in a negative manner to everyone, only those who are aggressive to her "pack". We did take her walking at Betty Virginia and had about an 8 y/o or 10 y/o child run up behind us and try to grab her tail. Well, they almost left without a hand. Thank goodness I keep her on a short leash, tight harness, and hang on to her close. On the same day another child at the park ran up to my young son and tried to grab him screaming, well she again tried to protect him. It wasn't pretty, she looked like Cujo! I handled her well and she didn't bite anyone though she wanted too. It's a very interesting breed of dog but you have to responsible with them. We had to sign a contract with the breeder that we would take her to obediance school, etc. It's going to be an interesting ride watching her grow up for the next year or so!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0021.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	221  

Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote