View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #48
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
"A casualty of an imperfect system" I understand what you are saying.. but what about common sense ?

I don't see how comparing "Tyrone" and his joint to "Mary Beth" and her aspirin has to be the same thing.. Or Lemonjello's aspirin has to be the same thing as John's crack cocaine ?

I understand not wanting to be accused of favoritism.. but what's wrong with every instance being charged on its own merits ?

Is it just a casualty of political correctness that a joint is the same as an aspirin ?
I think this is the same absolute logic that is termed "throwing the baby out with the bathwater". For example, you probably can't have fingernail clippers at school or on an airplane because "no blades" are allowed. But how could someone hurt someone else with nail clippers? Cut their nails really really short?? A ball point pen is probably more dangerous as a weapon.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote