Thread: The BEST Fish
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 06:01 PM   #13
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABoy
THANKS TO ALL! With everyone's guidance & suggestions, I've come to the conclusion that if I want to try it and I'm not going anywhere (and let's face it, I'm not anytime soon), I'm going to have to cook it myself! YIKES!!!
Without going far, or spending way too much money, here is one of my favorite fish "experiences". At about 5pm (right when they open) I dash out to Shogun in Bossier and sit by myself at the sushi bar for a late snack. This is a covert operation mind you (no family) The "spicy tuna salad" is $9.95, if I am not mistaken. Alex is the sushi chef. I order either green tea or a dry martini. (LOL, No Coke or Dr. Pepper) Try eating it with chopsticks and if you are lucky, maybe there will be a Japanese baseball game on the flatscreen. If you absolutely don't want to try "raw tuna", then a good (cooked) substitute would be "Alex's spicy seafood salad" which is not on the menu. Various creatures that swim or crawl provide lots of chewy goodness in his special creation. Both are a little spicy which I like. Neither of these are true or traditional "sushi", but are more aply termed "sushi-like" or "neo-sushi" or something like that. (LOL, American sushi probably)
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote