View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 06:03 AM   #25
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Numbers mean nothing. I have to agree with Joe. Heck I can remember three or four times when I thought I was going to die as a child.

1) The first time I had the wind knocked out of me.
2) being at the bottom of a pile of 5 or 6 kids piling on top of each other.
3) I was looking at a snake once and a neighbor threw a stick at me and scared the heck out of me.
4) I fell into a pool before I could swim and it took 30 sec or so for an adult to save me.
5) Couple of bad minibike wipeouts.
6) My first real whippin'...

I'm probably forgetting a few. Life is pretty scary, at least for active boys...

There's a BIG difference between you "thinking" you are going to die and an adult in charge of your safety telling you that you are going to die.

Suppose someone you put in charge of maintaining your health, say your Doctor, tells you that YOU are going to die.

Not so funny anymore, huh? In fact, I'd bet you sue his ass off and try to have his medical license revoked....while you are clearly implying the exact same scenario shouldn't affect a CHILD at all.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote