View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #19
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Gee, one has to wonder if you would feel the same way about someone showing a movie to your daughter glorifying statuatory rape

Do schools not study Romeo and Juliet anymore? Juliet's 13, how old is Paris, 20?

Antigone? That one's got it all: incest, rape, murder, suicide

>or if we can add hypocrite to the list of adjectives used to describe what a piece of **** you are.

You truly have a talent for taking the straw man/false dichotomy to heights previously unheard of my mere mortals.

The truth is I wouldn't consider a teacher showing my 12 year old daughter any mainstream commercial movie to be a serious enough offense to warrant any sort of serious punishment. Can it be inappropriate? Definitely. Was it in this case? Almost certainly. Is it a serious problem that warrants serious consequences for those involved? Of course not. A movie that depicts gay people isn't going to "make your kid gay" any more than reading about Leopold and Loeb is going to make him a serial killer.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote