View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #35
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 220 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I appreciate your posting actual points instead of nothingness followed by 11 emoticons.

1) The Majority of people on earth believe in the God of Abraham in the old testament. 3 major religions are rooted in this belief.

Even if that is true it's meaningless. Popular says nothing about correct.

2) There are things on earth that still cannot be explained by modern science such as some of the Seven Wonders of the Earth. (i.e. Great Pyramid)

I'm pretty sure the Great Pyramid can be explained by modern science: It's made of stone. Does the Bible explain something about it that I'm not aware of?

3) No record of creation of life in the lab. Not one single amoeba.

The field of organic chemistry isn't even 200 years old. I don't find the fact that life hasn't been created to be proof of anything. Prior to Wohler people used to think all organic chemicals were divinely created for the same reason. They were obviously wrong.

4) Brainsmasher didn't believe in God and he was always wrong

This one actually worries me. That guy was willfully retarded.
Where to start? The fact that you need "proof" says alot. I bet your a "global warming" nut though, arent you? Prove that...
Most of the population does,in fact, believe in GOD. Not because its popular, but from their own personal experiences witch lead to FAITH.
Of course, there are many things that we cannot explain or fully understand, such as the pyramids. Although, many people(namely the Egyptians) would have you believe that they built them. I do not. There are many theories about construction, but what about the erosion we see? Many geologists now think it is WATER erosion, not wind erosion-this is from looking at underwater structures around the world which are still submersed. I wonder how the pyramids could have been under water? hmmm....
Since the advent of computers, we have been able to see things in a different way. Much like the Nazca lines, which were not known about until someone flew a plane over them in the 1920's. If you look at a globe, and mark off sites like the pyramids, easter island, angkor wat, you will see that these sites are ALL a sertain distance apart from each other around the globe(something like 33 degrees) AND that they match up to the constellations at a very distant time period that would be about 10,500 B.C. We know this because the computer can reverse the procession of the stars. Thats some SERIOUS astrology for some egyptians who did'nt even have a wheel yet! The point is- Is all this a coincidence? Popular opinion? I don't need proof.
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote