View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #50
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Yeah, it was a common sight to see pickup drivers with long guns on a rack in their rear window. I'm not sure why we dont see that much these days. I wouldnt do it just because I'd worry someone would break into my truck and steal it.
Back in the day, putting a shotgun or rifle in the rear window rack was no beig deal. Other popular items for the pickup rear window included fishing poles, leather bull whips, and cattle prods if you came from way out in the country...

The worst thing I ever saw was called the "Cowboy Cuspidore" manufactured by Hodges Enterprises here in Shreveport. It was a mod for your pickup truck. Basically it was a spitoon for tobacco chewers with a drainage tube so you never had to empty it! LOL, do they still make Red Man!?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote