View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #47
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Yeah, it was a common sight to see pickup drivers with long guns on a rack in their rear window. I'm not sure why we dont see that much these days. I wouldnt do it just because I'd worry someone would break into my truck and steal it. Maybe we'd see a renaissance if someone came out with a window rack that locked the gun securely. BTW Pie, what sort of gun were you shootin at the matches with? I could see ya doin that with a .22 rifle, but if ya can do it with a .410 shotgun ya just impressed the hell out of me!
Al it was most definitely the .22 because you had to be able to shot that coon between the eyes in the dark. It was good pratice. The .410 was first squirrel gun. Then I went to a .16 guage the on up. Old saying first crawl then walk, but I loved every minute. I have done every kind of hunting and fishing around this part. I use to kill a rabbit then go to the lake, clean it , build a fire, put some sticks up, a little salt and pepper then roast it over open fire. So good it would make you want to slap your mama.