View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #26
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Heh, ignorance.

I can even accept that some people can just believe that there is a sapient creator, that they just "know" it to be true, but to believe a specific, man-made story like any of the major religions is ridiculous for an adult.

"I believe that a God sent his son to earth in the form of a human so that we could kill him to save ourselves from the wrath of our omnipotent creator that, for some reason, granted us free will and then punished us for exercising it in a way he didn't like."

"why do you believe that?"

"Because of...ummm....all the...uhh...evidence that says it's true. There's a book and everything! Mine is the right one, though, all the other religions with books and even longer histories are false. I also believe this book to be literally true to the letter, even though it has been re-translated hundreds of times and changed to suit the whims of Kings and clergy."
Well wise pole. You have done no studies in the ancient manuscripts and use the tools to see for yourself how it was translated and how it should be translated. You base your statement on a dimension of physical rules and you do not seem to have a clue about the spiritual dimension. You will joe in time have that chance and if you have never know the truth about the Bible then you are not responsible for your ignorance. Yes there is hope for you joe but I myself will pass on the millennium long school of learning and get my crown the first go around.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote