View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #15
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Yeah, I've heard that before. But in my opinion, a browser should be a little forgiving because HTML, PHP, and CSS syntax are very loose. Here's a simple example.

I like using fieldsets on some objects on my site because the LEGEND tag looks great as a generic block header. You can probably tell that vBulletin uses them too for the same reason. In IE, a fieldset is treated as a block object, so the fieldset block will adjust in height and width to make room for whatever is inside it if the content is bigger than the established fieldset width.

In Firefox, however, when you set the width of a fieldset, the block STAYS at that exact width. Now what happens if your content gets too big for the block? The content actually span across the fieldset's border and hang out. Some could call this a programming error, but unexpected lengths of data happen in dynamic programming all the time.
I understand your problems completely. Try displaying html within php if you want some real fun. More often then I care to admit I have to scrap ideas because getting it to look just right between php, Firefox and IE is just beyond my capability.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote