View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Here are some stats that recorded the browser hits to one of my new sites after a month or so of air time. This cut compares IE hits vs. Firefox hits. As you can see, IE is apparently far more popular than Firefox.

Attachment 377

As for my personal opinions, I have perspectives to offer. For a user, I commonly use IE myself. It has a few glitches every now and then, but it certainly does what I need it to do. Firefox works great too.

From a webmaster's perspective, Firefox is an obnoxious, picky, stubborn piece of s**t. I like making my pages look JUST right. When I get my pages looking like works of art in IE, it is almost certain Firefox will have a problem with it somewhere. This is also true in the reverse in cases where I work on pages in Firefox and later view them in IE. Those two browsers just can't agree. Personally, I give priority to the more popular browser.
Indeed, but I usually visit web pages that are more fluent with the Firefox side of things, since a lot of the sites that I'm around fully support Mozilla. But yes, as a developer and a programmer, I also begin with IE7 just to get things working right, and then use browser translation to make it adapt to the browser the user is operating on. I haven't in a while, since before IE7, but I only use it for writing and coding pages, never to actually view or use them, it's just because most of the people who don't know anything else BUT IE will inevitably need support somewhere, so that's for them, but to those who prefer Mozilla, I agree.
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote