View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Welcome on board coffeeman!

Its good to see you here! (I'm sure you know who I am) I've been roasting my own coffee for about 5 years now, but sometimes I fall behind and fail to do my roasting job for the house. (just like maintaining my coffee blog) So going out for espresso drinks has become all too common for me. When I do, I go to Courtyard Coffee and not *$. Most hobby roasters do not like *$ and even make fun of the "Microsoft of the coffee world". I believe in going to local businesses (independents) when and where I can. I do think *$ has it's place which is to increase the overall awareness of "good coffee" compared to Maxwellhouse and Folgers. But I believe *$ customers of today are your customers of tomorrow as they learn to appreciate less sugar (adulterants) and a lighter roast than "Charbucks". And maybe even a few of your customers will evolve into learning to roast their own green beans someday! As you can see, even "homeroasters" can be very good customers! Good Luck, and I hope you post more often!
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote