View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I ask a doctor about it and he said we would be using it if really worked. I am not saying the dog could not be trained to make a hit on a smell. I would like to see more test done if it is really true.
Isaac
There has been a few controlled studies on this. And they do have dogs that were able detect cancer in patients on a pretty regular basis. I remember reading, in one controlled test, the dogs kept picking out a person who was NOT supposed to have cancer. But since the dogs kept picking out this person, They had the person tested Again, and was found to have some type of cancer.

They have dogs that can tell minutes before someone is going to have a heart-attack and other that can detect certain types of seizures before they happen. they got damn dogs that can dial 911 and stuff.. freakin' amazing.

They are finding that a dogs sense of smell, is actually many times higher than they originally thought.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote