View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #35
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
You know, I've run a few forums and chat rooms in the past and talking sex in such public places can get you in trouble if you don't know how to communicate such things without sounding like a pervert.

A few years ago, I was running a chat room on AOL. Some 17-yo girl sent me an IM asking a question about her relationship, which was common for the topic of my chat room. She was pregnant with the child of some 19-yo guy she knew. We spoke for a while and started talking about the dangers of unprotected sex and why not every birth control method is 100% effective. The real trick with me though is that in such public environments (where the user might actually be a cop), I do not refer to sex as simply "sex." Instead, I substitute this term with a stiffer and more professional-sounding term such as, "sexual intercourse."

This helps to stress that my reference to the term is not on a personal level and really makes it hard for someone to say you were flirting or soliciting sex. This is a useful thing to remember when talking sex in public or online.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote