View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #35
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 262 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Ok! Let's talk home invasions, everyone. What sort of precautions do you all take, if any, to better prepare your homes against an intruder (i.e. cameras, alarms, guns, evil-looking dog, etc.)?

Me, personally, I'm not necessarily against gun control, but I don't like guns myself. I do, however, keep a small arsenal of self-defense weapons. Other than that, it would be very hard for someone to break into our house without someone hearing.

As a matter of fact, some doped-up teenager snuck up to our house one Sunday morning a while back and got into my car in the driveway. We're not sure what he was trying to do as he was on the passenger side, but we heard him close the car door and I ran out there to deal with him. I saw cops patrolling the streets and KNEW they were looking for this kid. I flagged them down and told them some kid was hiding in my car. I went back inside, not all that concerned, until the cops come running up to the car, screaming loudly with guns in-hand. We were like, "Oh crap, they're about to shoot someone in my car."

Fortunately, they arrested him and the cops asked me if I wanted to press charges for trespassing. Seeing how no one was hurt and nothing was damaged or stolen, I didn't press charges.