View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #18
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
Well Pokie I use to smoke but I have been quit now for 5 years. I did not quit for health reasons, I quit because I got tired of it and they started tasting bad. But I do think the now smoking ban is bad, if people want to smoke they should have that right. Who am I to tell someone else they can't? If I went to a place where someone was smoking it is my right whether I go in or not. If someone opened a smokers only restaurant someone would try to sue for discrimination and you know that. I really don't believe in telling someone else what they can do in their own house or car or with their kids unless they were physically abusing the child. And smoking in front of you kids is not abuse, sure maybe unhealthy, but not abuse. I find there is a problem now days with groups or churches running around trying to run other peoples lives, to me that is wrong.

Sorry Pie, but it's well documented in the medical literature that smoking kills people. Second hand or passive smoke has also been proven to kill people. So to me, smoking in a car with the windows up and children in the car is at worst attempted murder, and at best child abuse. Now you may not have done this, but I have personally seen it many times.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote