View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 08:23 PM   #13
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I have no data to back this up, but I wouldnt be surprised to find that fewer men are going into jobs that involve contact with children and teens. If I were a teacher, for example, I would go to great lengths to insure that not only would I never lay hands on a student in any way that could possibly be construed as inappropriate, I'd never allow myself to be in a situation where I was alone and unobserved with one. Its just too damn easy for some disgruntled kid with a chip on her shoulder to ruin a career with a single false accusation. Maybe she didnt like the grade she received...or maybe shes been fantasizing about getting "Mr. Jones" into the sack, and when she suggests it to him, he spurns her advances, thus earning her wrath. If that wouldnt scare the hell out of a male teacher I dont know what would. Reminds me of that old Police tune "Dont Stand So Close To Me".

Theres a scene in the new movie "Babel" where a disturbed young Japanese girl tries to tempt a dentist and a police detective in just such a fashion. Scare-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ofcourse, there are plenty of teachers, both male and female, that enter into illicit relationships with underage students. I have to admit though that in the cases where the teacher is an attractive female and the lucky lil bastard "cough" excuse me, I mean VICTIM, is a young teen boy...all I can say is where the hell were those teachers when I was growing up? Thats every young boy's dream!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 02-27-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote