View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #17
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
They came out with a HD Tivo (~$1,000) about two years ago and a cheaper ($300) one the middle of last year. There was a 20-hour Hughes-built HD DirecTV Tivo unit available a few years ago, that had scads of hardware problems and isn't offered anymore. DirecTV bought a DVR company themselves so they no longer work with Tivo.

Right now I have the "Tivo HD" which is a two-tuner CableCard model. I would have gladly paid extra to stay with DirecTV but they offered no product that satisfied my needs which were: two tuners, HD, and Tivo
Was it the lack of two tuners or the lack of HD or the lack of Tivo that drove you off ? if it was the lack of Tivo.. is the generic DVR offered really that bad ?? I've never seen it. I know I'm so very used to my TIVO.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote