View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #23
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR

Yes, that's what I was refering to with the edited comment. So you don't mind making fun of people's stupidity if it's not openly condescending. My two closest friends and I met around 1987 and still see each other multiple times a week, so obviously our "poking fun" at one's stupidity has progressed beyond what you, and obviously many others here, hence my question, deem acceptable.

Why did it take 3 days to get this answer?
Heck if I know why it took you 3 days to come with this answer.
Look, I grew up with 3 older brothers, and all my friends, we regularly insult each other and cut each other down all the time..
I just choose not to do this so openly, on a message board, where many times my intent is not fully recognized with just words on a page.

Quote:
Well, it's really hard to say you wouldn't have labeled my othercomment as hateful or an attack when that's basically what you did with the post I DID make...
I certainly did no such thing.. i didn't say it was hateful, or an attack.. at first I did label it "off topic" and yea perhaps I mislabeled your question an "argument" But I was getting impatient with the questioning, when apparently it all had to do with a comment you "almost" made.

Quote:
and you indeed took my question as an "argument" and proceeded to argue with me instead of just answering my question.....

Which was yeah, it's ok to make fun of someones stupidity as long as it's not openly condescending. Well I can name about 5 guys who grew up together plus their extended families that you'd have to grow some thicker skin around pretty quickly
Don't see that I've tried to argue with you here, but instead tried desperately to see where you were coming from.. and it seems I did, regardless of trying to figure out you were talking about a comment you "Almost" made.

So again.. if the conversation is actually about why anything you "MIGHT" say, or things you "usually" say are deemed an attack.. It might have something to do with the insults you like to throw around.. calling people idiots, or Fat @$@ or constantly berating them for their religious beliefs. So over a history of time people get on the defensive. I'll go as far to say you might not start every discussion off that way, but for one reason or another it tends to drift that way.

I've seen more threads on message boards or mailing lists, wander off into oblivion because one member did not understand the intent/message/context of another. then the next thing you know it turns into all out war. So sometimes I tend to hold off on exactly what I might feel.. and word my thoughts more carefully and load them with
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote