View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
What bothers me is this. In order to save 300-400 plant jobs, they need "forgivness" of sales tax to do the new deal. (If they don't get it, some jobs might be lost to Texas) Didn't they get a similar tax break last time they expanded? And when the plant was built?

Putting the issue of all the other local businesses who are just as deserving of a tax break to save jobs, compete, or expand, etc, I can't help but notice the irony in all this. The schools would have to forgive somewhere around $750k in revenues. Sure lets not educate children in Louisiana too much or else who will work at the plant? Those who do earn a really good education here often leave for greener fields. I just don't see why any plant should be forgiven a tax that others have to pay, or especially why our educational system should have to kick in. I'm a small business owner who it not forgiven of any taxes so I guess I am biased.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote