View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 224 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
The war in Iraq was sold to the American public hook, line and sinker. The propaganda thrown around leading up to the war, was done in a way this country has NEVER SEEN before. They showed us satellite pics, Collin Powell got up there and explained it all to us at the UN. They would greet us with open arms etc.. We were told we had to go in NOW OR NEVER. and we bought it.

My thoughts have always been, what happened to Afghanistan ? why did we move some troops from there into Iraq? Why did Iraq become the number one priority instead of Bin Laden ??

But hey, I'm all for some cheap oil, I couldn't stand Hussein, and he had it comin' anyway. Bottom line, I think mistakes were made going into Iraq, we thought it would be a cake walk, and it's been far from that. And of course now that we are there, I don't know that we can simply walk out without leaving a bigger cluster @#@#$

I think Iran is a bigger threat than Iraq. It bothers me the loss of American troops and American dollars towards something that I see has no end game in site.

One thing I do agree about the topic of this thread.. the name calling needs to stop, this "holding the line" and "staying the course" crap isn't cutting it either. Someone's got to make the hard decisions, and come up with a decent game plan other than "your plan sucks" and "stay the course".

God Bless Our Troops
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote