View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Question Where to get the REAL NEWS ?

Where to get the "real news"? I know this is a vague question. I started to add this to another thread we were discussing, but figured maybe it could use a new one.

I was talking before about how the politicians and people in this country seemed to have lost the ability for open debate on the subjects that matter in this country, WITHOUT having so much hatred for the opponent. seems any discussion is filled with 'labels', name calling, half truths etc etc etc..

I hear some folks on this message board as well as elsewhere talk of the "left wing news media" and I guess the opposite of that is FoxNews and most talk radio ?

They all appear to have their own agendas, everyone has their slant on the news.. One news source, nothing but how bad things are in Iraq. Another news source, telling you how well things are going in Iraq.

If you try to quote a news story say from Fox News, well half the country will dismiss it as simply more propaganda from the right ? Try to quote a story from the New York Times or CNN and the other half of the country will dismiss it as left wing media bias.

I will admit, I wasn't for Bush in either one of his elections. But after 9-11, sure I was behind our President 100%. I thought although what a tragedy, here is a chance for country to be UNITED, unlike it has been since WWII.
and for a time it was.

But as these last 6 years or so have progressed, this country is as divided as it has ever been. with the two sides doing nothing but Name calling, labeling, slinging half truths around like it was nothing. our current administration has learned to work the media better than any administration before it, I suspect this will be the norm from now on.

I miss the days when the possibility for an open debate had the possibility of ending in a positive solution, without the two sides making enemies of each other. I think Ronald Reagan was the last President to get this, he had the ability of reaching across 'both sides of the aisle' as it were.

I also miss the days of TRUE JOURNALISM. The media was meant to talk for the people, ask the questions that need to be asked.

I'm not a democrat, and I'm not a republican. i am a patriot, and I love this country. I've voted both ways.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote