View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #22
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
What laws are you willing to let the "divinely inspired" break.
Assuming that is indeed a question, the answer is none, and I never implied otherwise. Some people who are inspired by God end up in jail for their belief. Nobody ever said life was fair, not even God almighty.

Quote:
If punching an atheist is ok, what about stabbing a Satanist?
Who said punching an athiest or anyone for that matter is OK? Not me. Assault and battery is a serious crime.

Quote:
I reiterate...what laws are you willing to let the "divinely inspired" break. If punching an atheist is ok, what about stabbing a Satanist?
Punching anyone is not OK by legal standards in which I agree with. But if God told me to punch you out, and I did it, that would be OK in the sense that I would be sued by you and go to jail, etc. Maybe it would be "worth" it and maybe it wouldn't.

Quote:
Lawyers wouldn't be out of a job because no aspect of our law is built around divine intervention. You either broke the law or you did not and the marine in this story clearly broke the law.
I see your point, and I agree with it. lets say that God told me to do something that is illegal and I choose to do it on purpose knowing full well that there are legal consequences, then that is my sole business or "karma" if I may be so bold. Many have suffered personally and even gone to jail to bring the bible to you and me. I consider it a gift. A very dear gift paid for with solid "currency".
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote