View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #18
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Well under most circumstances I would agree with you, and maybe even this one, because I really do not know all the facts. Sure I would prefer that God do all his own “dirty work” and make it easy for all of us here on earth. But sometimes we humans are particularly well suited to do God’s will on his behalf. Why else were we created? We are here not only to pray to Him but to act in service to Him and he gave us a the “owners manual” to do so.
I'm pretty sure this is a fictional piece and we have all of the facts we are going to get.

So the question is, what laws are you willing to let the "divinely inspired" break. If punching an atheist is ok, what about stabbing a Satanist?
Quote:
Sometimes God divinely inspires us and sometimes this inspiration calls us to action. For example, if a Good Samaritan sees someone in need on the side of the road and asks why, God may call him or her to action in order to ease that persons suffering. Is there a flip side to this type of deed?
C'mon Dude.....Comparing punching someone in the face to helping an old lady change her tire is a stretch even for you!!!
Quote:
Certainly “revenge is mine” said the Lord. I do not think a good Christian would assault someone else for revenge. But is possible that God can act through a person other than Jesus to get his message across? In other words, it is possible this person was willing to break the law and assault someone and be willing to suffer the earthly consequences, even jail time, believing his actions were God’s will?
I reiterate...what laws are you willing to let the "divinely inspired" break. If punching an atheist is ok, what about stabbing a Satanist?
Quote:
No one can say if this guy acted 100% under his own motivation, or if he may have been divinely inspired to do what he did. We cannot peek inside someone’s mind like that. Or else a lot of lawyers would be out of a job!!
Lawyers wouldn't be out of a job because no aspect of our law is built around divine intervention. You either broke the law or you did not and the marine in this story clearly broke the law.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote