View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #24
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Actually the native Americans had every opportunity to acclimate themselves to the America way. The chose to keep moving west and preserving their own inferior way of life until there wasn't any farther west to go. That's why you don't hear about major conflicts with the Indians until more than a century after the arrival of white man in the new world.

Now, as far as the monetary benefits "they better be getting"....Exactly how much of that lump sum should fall on YOU, the individual taxpayer, for a "crime" that happened more than 100 years before you were born?
I know, again, I didn't use sarcasm tags.. I'm used to posting in areas with high volumes of sarcasm, I think that's a main thing that gets people to view me differently, I'm sarcastic or not saying what people think I am probably 50% of the time.

I don't believe in any of that crap, I agree with your post before that. Crime should be punished at the scene and not after. Those who choose to commit crimes (including myself and everyone else in America) do so because of either accident or the knowledge that they know law enforcement isn't accurate enough to apprehend everyone that breaks the law. There is such a low chance of getting caught doing certain activities, even lower if you're familiar with all of the laws regarding the act, and still lower if you know how to further elude police and government presence. It's an ongoing came of cat and mouse..