View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #41
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
That is why I was wondering why rhertz said he was getting up so early to smoke the turkey. It only takes us about 3-4 hrs. as well and it was a fairly large bird.

Everyone have a great Friday!!! I'm off to my parents house for a weekend of more celebrating and family reunions!

Been awhile since I smoked a Turkey.. I remember it was a butterball we started it late at night.. went all night long.. and it was good.. according to my limited search on the web..

Quote:
The absolute first step in doing a turkey on a smoker is to pick out a bird that is not the biggest one you can find. The main reason for a smaller bird, 10 to 14 lb. maximum, is the time limitations usually involved. It takes between 6 and 8 hours to smoke a 12 pound turkey and the bigger they get, the longer they take.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote