View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #25
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
Well Pokie I use to smoke but I have been quit now for 5 years. I did not quit for health reasons, I quit because I got tired of it and they started tasting bad. But I do think the now smoking ban is bad, if people want to smoke they should have that right. Who am I to tell someone else they can't? If I went to a place where someone was smoking it is my right whether I go in or not. If someone opened a smokers only restaurant someone would try to sue for discrimination and you know that. I really don't believe in telling someone else what they can do in their own house or car or with their kids unless they were physically abusing the child. And smoking in front of you kids is not abuse, sure maybe unhealthy, but not abuse. I find there is a problem now days with groups or churches running around trying to run other peoples lives, to me that is wrong.
Notice I didn't say there should be laws against smoking with your kids in the house or car. I was stating how I disapprove of this practice. I so wish people would use good common sense and NOT expose their children unwillfully to this harmful habit! This to me is a form of abuse and just plain poor parenting!!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote