View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #32
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
LN, this is the bottom line. Show me a Fox, CNN, NBC, CBS or ABC poll that shows RP as a front runner (1st, 2nd or even 3rd place). If he ain't in the race, he ain't in the race, "votes" be damned. Polls are pretty accurate nowadays. Within a handful of points. Do you really want to place a vote for Ron Paul and by default, place a REAL vote for Hillary or Obama?? Are you willing to take that chance? I mean if RP shows to be in 3rd or 4th place, why vote for him if it isn't going to win by all scientific proof? Wouldn't you vote for George Bush if you could instead of electing Hillary or Obama to the throne (assuming Hillary or Obama are front runners in the polls). If RP is in first or second place in the polls, I will vote for him too just to keep the DNC from gaining more power. it's not what I would have chosen in an ideal world, but it is common sense to tilt the board in the direction you want the ball to roll....
Well.. right now, it's not about obama or hilary.. it's about picking the republican nominee.. regardless of where who is placed where in the polls right now..(I hope to see Paul come in 3rd in either the Iowa or the New Hampshire primaries here in the next few days) a vote for Ron Paul, is a vote for smaller, less intrusive, government and fiscal responsibility.. NONE of the other candidates are talking about this stuff.. If anything Ron Paul is doing his best to keep these other guys honest.. the rest want to go on spending the money we ain't got.. bigger government.. this is least of all about a popularity contest.. Fox news is wanting to keep Ron Paul out of the next debate, he polling higher than Thompson in several states... raising more money than most if not all the candidates.. but they want to exclude Ron Paul....
this sums up why....

Quote:
We all know why there is such bias against Dr. Paul. It is because he represents something other than the script the other guys will be reading off of. He would have been the only GOP hopeful talking about NOT blowing up the world, true fiscal discipline, and restoring civil liberties. Can't have that on Fox where they pretend to report, but they have already decided. Instead now we will be regaled with tales from the five would be tyrants who all believe they can more efficiently bomb Iran. They will spin yarns about how we need them to protect us and how the democrats are all spineless wimps because they do not lockstep to the war drumbeats and thrashing of our civil liberties. Most important to Fox News of course, is that they get to present their view of the Republican Party unblemished. They get to present the neocon vision as the only articulated platform for the GOP. No more uncomfortable post-debate polls showing how Ron Paul handily defeated their host of war-mongering candidates. Sean Hannity will not have to exclaim how Paul backers somehow rigged a poll. Fox gets to draw the sharp delineation they have been seeking. It is either the big brave republicans or the wimpy ole democrats. Nothing in the middle folks, nope, nothing to see here. Move along and cast your vote for one of our pre-selected candidates.