View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Based on my personal experience Subway is the most consistently filthy restaurant chain in the United States and Taco Bell is the second most consistently filthy restaurant chain in the United States. The Subway in downtown Shreveport is still new enough to be sort of clean, but every other one I've ever been in was absolutely filthy. I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell since 1992 because 1. the food is incredibly awful-tasting and devoid of any nutritional value 2. the restaurants are disgusting.

Chick-Fil-A has consistently clean, well-maintained, over-staffed restaurants. I give them business whenever I can. Cane's is likewise well-run, but the service is slower than it should be, especially in the drive-thru.

I really only like their breakfast food, but McDonald's basically invented to fast food franchise and is still one of the best at doing what it should be dong: delivering food the customer expects in a timely, orderly fashion. The fact that they do this with the unavoidable turnover of a fast food restaurant really is incredible. Wendy's does an OK job, but it's not the same class of service. Burger King is terrible. People are milling around the end of the line, waiting on their food or using the self-serve drink machines.

We order a lot of box lunches for in-office meetings and the only restaurant to get every order correct 100% of the time is Heavenly Ham. If you oder thirty box lunches every single one will be exactly as it was ordered and the box will be labeled with that person's name no matter of the order was done over the phone or via fax. I also give them business whenever I can.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote