View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 237 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Isaac, I understand your point. However, some people need the structure a church can give them to worship. It is nice to have a church family to call on when you need help. Honestly, I feel there is no true church. The common goal of all churches should be to teach and give support to its members. Churches need money to provide a place to worship and teach. If a church becomes all about money then it is time to move on. A fancy church building is not necessary to worship God.

Scarlett, here is an attempt to answer you.

Catholic- not for me, but I do respect some of the practices.
Baptist- the jury is still out. I was raised Baptist, but have attended many other churches.
Non-Denomination- not sure, this may be for me.
Pentecostal- I respect them, but a little scary.
Jewish (there are alot of those here where i live) - Respect, but I believe Jesus Christ is the Savior!
Buddhism- Don’t really know to give an opinion,
Hinduism- Don’t really know to give an opinion,
Mormons- Respect the people and their sacrifices. There are no paid pastors in the church. Everyone volunteers his or her time. Not sure about all beliefs. Have good friends who are Mormons.
Jehovah's Witness- Know a few and they are very nice. Respect them, but I do not believe everything they teach.
Satanism- Definitely NOT
Atheist (no religion I know) - Feel sorry for them.