View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
So glad the Sunday wine sales passed! Not so happy about the rise in water and sewerage rates. Our water bill is already astronomical like $80-100 a month! Anybody elses that high?
My water bill is $150 to $200 in Shreveport. Back in college my apartment rent was $275 and that included water and electricity! My property taxes are over $300/mo for a mid-sized home nowadays. (with homestead exemption)

What is funny is that politicians and media always quote inflation at 1 or 2% per year. Prices have doubled in the last 15 years easy..... I'd say that year in and year out, it is more like 5% depending on if you buy gas and health insurance and home insurance and medical insurance and stuff like that. Many of my bills have gone up 10% or more each year. How can they say inflation is 2% per year? LOL
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote