View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #58
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
You're god is omnipotent and the devil is powerless to stop him, why not just snap his fingers like he did when creating the universe instead of having his only son executed in quite possibly the most notoriously evil way of being put to death ever conceived by man?
Good question. The answer is simple. God abides by God's laws and satan doesn't. So God had to figure out a way to achieve victory while still keeping his word. While satan is not concerned with keeping his word, much less God's Word. He is a law breaker through and through seeking to defy God.

I think we all want to break laws and defy the authorities at some point in our lives. (usually our younger years) I used to race cars and motorcycles and it felt good breaking laws and in essence giving the fingers to cops for writing me tickets in the past. So I can relate. God doen't keep me from learning my lessions the hard way, even through that is not his preferred method for me.