View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #6
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
Don't mean to scare you there Geodood Hey, wasn't there some 'quote' or some prediction made MANY MANY years ago, about there being some 'world war' or end of the planet scenario prediction... that stated it was going to come down to US and the middle east or something to that affect ? Reason I bring that up, is I DO recall this prediction being made so many years ago, back when there was still a USSR and the freakin' "Commies", and I remember thinking "the mideast?... WTF?" like "how could that be" was my thinking. But it sure seems all the more believable these days .. doesn't it ?
Rough Rider, I think there have always been "end of world" prophets and predictions. Nostradamus is one that comes to mind. Maybe you are thinking of a show on HBO years ago depicting a Middle Eastern “anti-christ”. In the late 70's there was the "new age" fad where the earth was supposed to shift its axis and cause global change sometime in the 80's, then 90's, then 00's and so on. I’m speaking of Edgar Cayce and other psychics who followed. I heard that back when we went from 999AD to 1000AD, there were end of the world prophesies. So I assume it is just part of our overall history. In other words, there is always someone who thinks the world is about to end.

My rather shallow understanding on the subject is that the bible says that when Jesus returns, there will be a 1000 year period of peace. But before that happens, there will be “much gnashing of teeth” during the apocalypse. (WWIII?) But the bible also says that no man knows the exact time of such events, and that there will be false prophets. So I take it that you would have to be really really really smart (or holy) to know when such an event will happen.

I’m sure our friend here Isaac would have an opinion on this.
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote