View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultranet View Post
Hello guys

Hey guys I'm new to the DVD burning world. I have an NEC ND-2500A firmware 1.07, and I'm using Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's.

My problem is that after I finish my burn and use Nero DVD speed to check the disk and it comes up with read errors, and the test fails. When I put the disk in my TV top player it goes through all the chapters just fine, but I don't have time to sit down and watch every copy all the way through just to make sure. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wading through all the tech talk over at cdfreaks.com, and I get the impression that this isn't normal. Instead of being the "nube" on that forum I figured I'd see if anyone over here has some experience with this stuff.

Thanks!
My best guess is that some discs contain "errors" as a means to prevent copying. When copying a disc a lot of the older programs used to stop if they encountered any read errors. This usually happened near the end and thus rendered the disc useful only as a coaster, or frisbee. I have noticed that most software now includes a skip errors function. That way the disc completes burning and you can use it for it's intended purpose. I have noticed error blocks mostly on software I've made backup copies of, but I suppose it could apply to dvds as well. I am not a computer expert, so it's just a hunch. I think copy protection is a lot more sophisticated now.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote