View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I find it interesting, as well, but I'm kind of a history buff in general. I'm wondering why someone would think it's important or a priority.
important, or a priority.. well that's a loaded question I think. For some, it is of importance or a priority to go to church on Sunday.

For some, work is a priority, for some, their marriage a priority. For me, it's important to find time to spend with friends and family.

And for some, it may feel important or imperative to discover about their family history, and origins.

Personally, I derive a good bit of enjoyment, discovering those links and learning the history of your great, great, great etc.. grandfather. Occasionally I feel a certain "drive" to try and learn more. It's been some time since I've looked into it however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
What possible difference could the identity of your great-great-great-grandfather have on your life unless he left you some money?
well.. ask someone that, who has no idea of who their mother or father are? For some, knowing their history, may help to define themselves in some way.

But for me to find out some link to a distant relative.. it ain't gonna make me rich. Not going to change my "standing" in society. But I would enjoy it.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote