View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 06:56 PM   #5
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenza
Unfortunately, racism still exists among both populations. But it has to be taught! Our little children walk hand in hand around the playground many in a black/white pair or group. They don't even seem aware there is any difference until about third grade. They are aware of the boy girl thing way before that. We must ALL, all of us of any race, teach tolerance and not instill these absurd prejudices in innocent children.
so true.. but I'll tell ya, it's hard. We have very strict rules in our house, regarding talking negatively of any race, and have certainly tried to raise and teach our kids not to be racist. But I'm constantly amazed what I do hear out of their mouths at times.. picked up from what they hear at school and the like.. it's a tough thing to do, and try to teach by example. I'd like to think that in this day and age we could get over such things.. but damn if it still ain't around. And you are correct, kids aren't born this way.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote