View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #15
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I consider myself a generous and compassionate person. Where I draw the line is for someone suing McDonalds over a hot cup of coffee or grabbing a bag with your feet. How about $100 tops?? That's good pay for one single bad drive thru experience, don't you think?

Do you not understand that it was more than one single drive through experience? And why keep bring up the hot coffee, I figure the hot coffee person was trying to scam McDonald's. But you are taking a disability and making it sound like a scam. You say you consider yourself a compassionate person, but to me unless you can put yourself in that woman's place and see how you would feel if someone treated you that way or discriminated against you for a disability, then I beg to differ. Even people like that woman has feelings.

compassion--a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.
mercy, tenderness, heart,
Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it
the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it
the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others