View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Exclamation More pet food being recalled.. YET AGAIN

I swear, I don't what I'd do, if I found out I poisoned my dog because of some bad pet food.. Damn..

FDA: Pet chews could be contaminated with salmonella

Story Highlights
Quote:
• FDA found salmonella in pet chew made by T.W. Enterprises
• Salmonella can cause infections in dogs, cats and people
• Pet chew contamination not related to nationwide recall tied to toxic wheat gluten
Quote:
Pet owners need to avoid certain pet chews because they could be contaminated with salmonella, the Food and Drug Administration warned Thursday.

The contaminated product -- American Bullie A.B. Bull Pizzle Puppy Chews and Dog Chews -- was manufactured by T.W. Enterprises of Ferndale, Washington.

Consumers who have purchased the treats should "dispose of them in a safe manner (e.g., in a securely covered trash receptacle)," the FDA said in a written statement. (FDA statementexternal link)

Thursday's warning comes after the FDA tested packages of three different sizes of beef treats made by T.W. Enterprises and found salmonella in one of them.

Salmonella can cause infections in dogs, cats and people, and the bacteria can be transferred to people who handle the treats, especially if they do not wash their hands after handling the product, the FDA said.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote