View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #41
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul
One of the ineteresting things I love about them is that they understood their need for meat, and yet had such a deep love for all life that it left them with a sense of sorrow after a hunt. It's why they honor their prey. And they didn't kill more than they could eat. No over foresting, no over fishing...

In many native familes who are not enrolled with tribes, who live amongst white men as fellow white men, would NEVER sit back and allow the government to take care of their own. Not any that I know of, any way.
I understand. Indians are a proud people who carry their own weight. But the way I see it, the benefits are compensation, not charity...and they (the benefits) dont go far enough!