View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #25
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Heck if I know why it took you 3 days to come with this answer.
Look, I grew up with 3 older brothers, and all my friends, we regularly insult each other and cut each other down all the time..
I just choose not to do this so openly, on a message board, where many times my intent is not fully recognized with just words on a page.
Ahhh, so what you are saying is "don't be yourself, you might offend someone".

Do I even need to list what's wrong with that mentality?

Quote:
I certainly did no such thing.. i didn't say it was hateful, or an attack.. at first I did label it "off topic" and yea perhaps I mislabeled your question an "argument" But I was getting impatient with the questioning, when apparently it all had to do with a comment you "almost" made.
The content of the comment was/is irrelevant, the fact that it was a sarcastic comment which I removed is all that was relevant to my question. Again, anything else you "read into it" was completely of your own doing and pretty much my point. You have a preconceived notion of content regardless of what I actually post and THAT'S what you respond to rather than the content of my post. Even with this excuse....I asked you one question that took you 3 days to answer and you were getting impatient with ME!!!! My intention was to use Piemaker in my example, having YOU step up to the plate instead demonstrates that it's a prejudice held by several members.....and what do you want to bet the vast majority of those users are christian to boot.....like I haven't been here before and don't know exactly what's really going on.

Quote:
Don't see that I've tried to argue with you here, but instead tried desperately to see where you were coming from.. and it seems I did, regardless of trying to figure out you were talking about a comment you "Almost" made.
You are absolutely correct, filibustering for 3 days isn't exactly arguing. However it IS why you made yourself "impatient with the questioning" isn't it?
Quote:
So again.. if the conversation is actually about why anything you "MIGHT" say, or things you "usually" say are deemed an attack.. It might have something to do with the insults you like to throw around.. calling people idiots, or Fat @$@ or constantly berating them for their religious beliefs. So over a history of time people get on the defensive. I'll go as far to say you might not start every discussion off that way, but for one reason or another it tends to drift that way.
Excellent, that's called a confession. I don't always attack, you're always on the defensive. In this particular example, you read my post with a preconcieved notion of the content, and instead of simply answering my question, you spent 3 days beating around the bush and growing "impatient with my questioning" instead of just answering my question.

THEN I'm a bad guy for saying god damn that was stupid, like it's MY fault or something, then someone else jumps in and starts throwing punches like TB did on another topic this morning. It's a predictable cycle we both hate and yet you want ME to change My ways when it's you who perpetuate the instanity in the first place because of your own prejudices.

Remember, all I did was ask a question.

Funny how that works, huh?
Quote:
I've seen more threads on message boards or mailing lists, wander off into oblivion because one member did not understand the intent/message/context of another. then the next thing you know it turns into all out war. So sometimes I tend to hold off on exactly what I might feel.. and word my thoughts more carefully and load them with
Again, our strategies and method of delivery differ. My "regular" posting times are early in the morning, before work, and on my lunch break. That doesn't give me much time to "carefully think out my responses and load them with wit", but it does allow enough time to provide and honest opinion, which I can clarify later if need be, when people DON'T jump to conclusions based on preconceived notions rather than the content of my post.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote