View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: pak-a-sak

Reader comments and feedback for the pak-a-sak photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

163ekings 1953 Pak-A-Sak stores man oh man that's the easiest shopping in all the...Once there were over a trillion Pak-A-Saks. Bacon's Studio photo General Collection Imagine back. Open the lid to that chest cooler that revealed piles of cold cokes, we call all sodas cokes. Regular and king size coke, brownies, nehis, frostie root beer...A Saturday routine was to rise early and go coke bottle huntin' and I don't mean on people's carports, we had more class than that. Well, maybe in desperate times we did kinda mosey up in someones yard and...Most times though the pickins' was plentiful and although it would take the better part of the day we could end up with a couple dozen at two cents apiece. That's dern near fifty cents! Pak-A-Sak bound to cash 'em in. I'd even take them in the backroom and rack them. I know what kind of soda bottle goes in what kind of shell, to this day. When the deposit went up to a nickel a bottle, well that was manna from heaven. Twenty bottles would get you a Duncan Yo-Yo.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote