View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 06:04 AM   #44
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Me too. So did the NASA astronauts who risked their lives and successful careers, with family back at home to undercover scientific truths. These guys knew all about "faith". Faith in science and engineering. Faith in each other. As well as faith in God. I don't think they would have made it to the moon without all that faith.
Faith didn't get them to the moon. Science and technology did. Proof? Pray for your god to to deliver you to the moon.

What, that's absurd?

Quote:
And what if the tools of science confirm that "god made it that way". Must science and religion be mutually exclusive of one another? Certainly the NASA astronauts did not feel that way. Do you think those American heros are stupid like me?
If science were to prove that "god made it that way", then your god would not be omnipotent AND quite tangible. In fact, he'd being nothing more than an alien being who tricked you into believing he was something that he is not....AND I would have undeniable proof because he would be able to replicate the experiment with like or similar results every time.

Basically what I've been telling you all along, genius, that religion is a hoax designed specifically to control the ignorant masses.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote