View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #14
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
If you only have the skills and ambition to make $7.35 an hour then you probably shouldn't get married to a woman who doesn't plan on working. You also shouldn't have kids if you're unable to get a better salary than that and aren't willing to work more than 40 hours a week.
for some reason, this made me laugh.. I don't know why.
Maybe it's the mere truth of it ? Or the utter desperation of if all.

When I think of all the ways a family may get started.. young lovers, "surprise" pregnancy.. People quitting school, to start working to support their families etc.. any number of scenarios.. and what I really find funny/surprising about that.. is that me and the wife were married for a few years.. and I can honestly say, there was no surprise about our two boys. If a couple of children could be more planned.. I suppose it's possible. But I doubt very likely. I can also say, that we would of had more than the two children, but I really think it came down to a financial decision. We just couldn't see affording anymore.. Makes us sad at times, now that the children are older. But for the life of me, I don't see either one of us getting up in the middle of the night... this point in our life.. LOL
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote